Re: SELinux in guides [was: Self-Introduction: Eric Christensen]

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
<snip>
The best standard for this, which we declare for other guides, is to do
a completely default installation of Fedora and work from that.  The
default SELinux mode is Enforcing the targeted policy.  I find it useful
to do testing in a VM since it means I don't have to monkey with my
actual system configuration -- and in any case that would be a bad idea
since it's sometimes difficult to predict how the changes one has
already made would affect testing results.

What do you use as a VM.  I tried VMWare and I don't really like it I'm
not to sure what else is out there.  Also are there any docs to install
the VM if you use a different kind?

Cheers,

Marc

   As just a user when I got to F7 I was Attacked by SElinux :-)
I wrote to the Fedora list my problems and found I was not alone. A whole lot of F7 users deleted SElinux. Then on to F8 and I decided to try it again and set it up full power and have had zero problems :-P

It is there to protect from bad things but never do I see or hear from it. I think the developers got it right.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User