one summary to rule them all

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 00:20:06 UTC 2008

Karsten 'quaid' Wade said the following on 01/23/2008 10:58 AM Pacific Time:
> We've struggled for the last several releases with multiple release
> summaries and overviews, keeping them in sync, and so forth.
>
> Last release, Paul and I swore we would find a way to provide a single,
> canonical source for *all* of these.
>
> Today I noticed yet another release summary in the wild that needs
> taming, inclusion, or something:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy#Enhancements
>
> A release summary is referred to there that can be added to by anyone.
> *sigh*

It sounds like a good conspiracy on the part of the feature wrangler,
but it I didn't sneak it in.  It was agreed to by FESCo during the
review of the feature policy for the upcoming Fedora 9 release cycle.  I
even encouraged people from the docs team to attend that very FESCo
meeting. :)

I would continue to encourage people from the docs team to attend FESCo
meeting when features and the feature process are discussed.

John