[Fwd: Echo Icons Tutorial - Working with Git]

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Jun 15 15:34:16 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 10:11 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> This is on the Artwork list -- maybe Martin's work could be of use to
> people in migrating our CVS documentation to individual hosted projects.
> Git seems a little weird at first if you're really used to CVS and SVN,
> but it's super powerful and pretty much everyone seems to be moving to
> it now.

+1 to declaring git the default Docs Project SCM.  I'm brand-new with
it, I still get stumbles, but it is clearly more useful than the CVS/SVN
paradigm.

I'd prefer to see *all* of our hosted books using the same SCM, to
simplify training in Docs.  Since we finally have the chance to abandon
CVS, let's not do the half-step to SVN.  We're not some enterprise
constrained by process and archaic beliefs!

Writer groups who start off a book on fedorahosted.org have the right to
make their own choice, but a very strong recommendation of a specific
SCM seems like a sane idea to me.  (Then we can just debate the specific
SCM.)

;-D

Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41