Meeting with RH Docs

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 08:42:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I talked with a couple of folks from the Red Hat Engineering Content
>  Services (documentation & translation) groups tonight -- part of a
>  weekly series of meetings, actually.  Thanks to the kind participation
>  of Murray McAllister, we have a splendid opportunity to see how our
>  toolchain can fit together with Publican, the RH Docs tool for building
>  documentation.  There are probably a few capabilities we have of which
>  the RH Docs team isn't aware, and some pain points that may require
>  fixing as well.
>
>  I am hopeful that the developer of Publican, Jeff Fearn, will be able to
>  help out with looking at the FDP toolchain to explore all these issues,
>  since there aren't many of us here with the combination of the requisite
>  skills and the time to work on any remaining problems.  Doing this work
>  in the open community is a big win for everyone, especially since it
>  will help seed a whole new group of documentation writers and editors in
>  the FDP.  As I told the RH folks, I suspect this is not nearly as long
>  or arduous a process as it sounds.  I also think we'll find not only a
>  lot of common problems already solved, but ways to improve both our
>  toolchain and Publican as we go.
>
>  Thanks to everyone for your assistance as we explore this opportunity
>  together.
>
>  --
>  Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
>   gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>   http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
>   irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug

Hi,

Will this require CVS access? If so, would somebody be able approve my
account (mdious) for the cvsdocs group?

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Murray.

pub   1024D/81B3FDEB 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]
Key fingerprint = 4ED9 9907 5BF0 4132 2B46  20D1 C0C6 362D 81B3 FDEB
Murray McAllister (Fedora Docs Project / mdious) <murray.mcallister at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/B04CFA0C 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]