docs questions

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 14:46:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 22:17 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> How do I deal with information sections in the wiki -> xml conversion?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Desktops

Ummm ... you convert them to XML?

Looking at that page, no problems jump to my eyes.  Can you give more
details to your question?

> Also what is the make_validate or whatever it is so I can verify the
> xml?

'make validate-xml'

You can see all the make targets with 'make help'.

> Another question is there are internal links at the bottom of the DuG
> pages on the wiki. How do I change that in the conversion?

You chop them out of the XML and forget about them.  This is one of the
many things that DocBook takes care of automatically.  It was originally
done on the wiki (AIUI) to make it more readable, such as if there was a
wiki-based publication of this v. a conversion to XML.

In the future we might just want to ignore that navigation, esp. if it
is causing us hassle to maintain it where it is not really needed.

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41