docs questions

Christopher Curran ccurran at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 01:46:10 UTC 2008

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> How do I deal with information sections in the wiki -> xml conversion?

do you mean the callout areas? In your link the "More Desktop
Environments Exist" title for the box. There are several docbook xml
tags for callouts. Try this sort of format

<para>Fedora's extensive repository of software offers other desktops as
well. To learn how to browse and install software from the repository,

note, tip, warning, caution and important are all common and available
tags. For more information I recommend reading the spec
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Desktops
>
> Also what is the make_validate or whatever it is so I can verify the
> xml?

The publican "make test" should validate your xml. It's a pretty strict
xml validation process but it will ensure you write accurate xml.
> Another question is there are internal links at the bottom of the DuG
> pages on the wiki. How do I change that in the conversion?

use xref. for external links use ulink
> Cheers,
>
> Marc

Cheers,