docs questions

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 16:27:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 18:58 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 11:46 +1000, Christopher Curran wrote:
> > Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > How do I deal with information sections in the wiki -> xml conversion?
> > >

> > do you mean the callout areas? In your link the "More Desktop
> > Environments Exist" title for the box. There are several docbook xml
> > tags for callouts. Try this sort of format
> >
> > <para>Fedora's extensive repository of software offers other desktops as
> > well. To learn how to browse and install software from the repository,
> >
> > note, tip, warning, caution and important are all common and available
> > tags. For more information I recommend reading the spec
> > http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html
> >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Desktops
> > >
> > > Also what is the make_validate or whatever it is so I can verify the
> > > xml?
> > >

> This brings up my next question. Is there a standard that we use like
> when we work on the wiki? Like all info's will be 'x' and all warnings
> 'y'?

There are essentially two standards now, because of the way the wiki's
DocBook conversion works as opposed to human readability.  If you are
writing a page that is drafted on the wiki but intended to go to CVS,
the way to do an admonition is:

[[Admonition("<type>", "<title>", "<brief_content>")]]

For <type> you would subsitute the admonition type, such as "info,"
"warning," etc.  This type of admonition looks terrible (basically it
will look just like the text above in the viewed wiki page), but can be
programmatically converted to DocBook when you choose that function on
the wiki sidebar.

The second way of doing it, which *cannot* be reliably converted but
which looks good to wiki users:

||<tableclass="message <type>"> Put your content here. ||

The <type> here might be a little different -- I ran out of time to find
the CSS style sheet that would probably give hints.