Short Intro...

Zachary Hamed zachfedora at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 03:13:06 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,
My name is Zachary Hamed, Zach for short, and I live in the New York
City area. I'm a sophomore high school student and got interested in
Linux in general about a year ago. I tried Suse and found the
installation to be a huge pain, so I switched to Fedora and have been
using it ever since (dual-booting with Vista (1) because of school
work and (2) because I can't get my Broadcom WiFi card to work with
Fedora 8...grr...). I also just finished reading two books about Linux
and the Open Source movement (Rebel Code: Inside Linux and the Open
Source Revolution, by Glyn Moody, and Just for Fun: The Story of an
Accidental Revolutionary, by Linus Tovalds and David Diamond). At my
current programming level (already know BASIC pretty well and trying
to learn Ruby, but I also have to balance it with my schoolwork), I
can't really contribute to the coding side of the Fedora Project, but
I would love to help out in any way I can (I know it'll look good on
the college applications; hoping to go to MIT!). Additionally, I am a
very good English student (not my favorite subject, but I do well), so
I would like to edit as many documents as I can, and I can even write
some docs on newbie things (as I am one anyway).

I looked over the Style Guide and all that, most to all of which I am
familiar with (my school has a grammar proficiency test every year
which I always pass, thought it's pass/fail so I can't share any
grades with you). Again, it would be great to be another step in the
editing process.

Can anyone tell me where I go from here? What you guys are doing so
far? I should get the gist of it once I get daily mailing list
digests, but just in case...

Thanks,
Zach

P.S. This email is in no way representative of my "formal writing"
writing style; I had to rant and use parentheses a bit more than I
usually do.