Re: Persistent overlay?

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 11:17 -0400, Jason Farrell wrote:

> A small list:
> 1) Saved State
> 2) State Layer
> 3) Writable Layer
> 4) Read-Write Overlay
> 5) Read-Write Area
> 6) Changeable Image
>
> "User data and system changes are saved to the _BLANK_."
>
> Calling it a "Writable Layer" might make slightly more common sense.

"Saved State Layer" is pretty good, but then what about people who don't
understand the idea of state?  It is also a bit harder to translate.

A word for 'persistence' that has a close-enough meaning for the
layperson is 'permanent'.  If it is important that we convey it is a
'layer' rather than an ambiguous 'space'/'area':

"User data and system changes are saved to the Permanent Layer."

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41