Governance, direction of project -- please read

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat May 31 16:07:19 UTC 2008

This meeting summary:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2008-May/msg00125.html

... is see the result of the last few months of discussion amongst the
steering committee members, new and old.

We are moving to a lighter-weight leadership model.  Those who want to
lead, show up and do so.  You lead and learn with your actions.

Currently, elections are a distraction, leave out out interested people,
and make good people feel guilty when they are unable to participate in
their elected position.

In the future, as the subProj grows, we may need to elect leaders to
represent different voices in the overall Fedora community.  We'll do
that when the time comes.

This is really the way Docs has always been -- those who show up to do
often end up helping make the decisions.  The are effectively the
steering committee.  Enshrining those folks with an election isn't
required right now.

Disagree?  Show up and influence the thinking.  That's how it works.

Meanwhile, our focus as a Fedora subProject is on:

* Enabling Fedora contributors with content specific for that audience
* Garden and care for all of the wiki

Thanks,

Karsten, a Docs faceguy
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org