Questions on 'sys admin guide'

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Nov 1 19:33:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 04:41 +0530, Mani A wrote:
> In https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AGBeta#Scheduling_Tasks and
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AGBeta/Cron
>
> no GUI tools are mentioned. Sysadmins need not necessarily use CLI
> tools and in actual practice it is compulsory that they know.
> So maybe the 'Additional Information' is in need of improvement.. But
> the doc seems to be 'ready for editing' (?)
>
> The first line "Fedora provides a cron facility for tasks
> scheduling...." sounds odd. 'cron' is installed in the same way as in
> many other distros.
> Is the cron daemon a 'cron facility'? It should be rectified to
> something like "The 'cron' daemon is the default CLI utility for
> scheduling tasks".

FWIW, I'm currently unclear on what we should do about sysadmin content.
With the looming 'Linux Deployment Guide' out there, we are probably
better served updating that content.  However, it is entirely off the
wiki (in XML), so doesn't work as well with the facts of community
collaboration.  I've been ignoring thinking about this until the work
for F10 is done.

Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41