[Fwd: FedoraProject page FUDCon/FUDConF11 has been changed byanonymous user 192.168.1.25]

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 18:22:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 01:03:03PM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:51:46PM -0500, John J. McDonough wrote:
> >
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Karsten 'quaid' Wade"
> >
> >> Is there a reason to archive the beats-per-release?
> >
> > For a new beat writer, being able to view the previous release's beats
> > would be a big win.  Even for someone who wrote the previous release
> > notes, reviewing what happened six months ago could be handy.
>
> No doubt the Archive: pages would be easier than going through page
> histories.  No problem here if we want to move using a hierarchy of
> some kind, I just didn't want to ignore page naming guidelines.  On
> the other hand, Archive: isn't searched by default so renaming may be
> irrelevant.

That was why we thought not to bother renaming to Archive; esp. since
archiving is usually just per page rather than tracking a history.

In this case, if having the full history per release is useful to
writers, then it does make sense to rename following a common scheme:

Docs/Beats/Devel for F10 => Archive:Devel_beat_F10
or                       => Archive:Relnotes-Devel_beat_F10

Not sure ... since 'beat' is used by >1 group now (as it should!), do
we want to start identifying the release notes beats separately?

- Karsten, who can turn any simple task hard
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41