Self-introduction

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 08:41:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 04:00:22PM -0500, Justin G. Mitchell wrote:

> Hello all!

Justin, welcome.  Lost your email in the big pile over >here<. ;-)

> My name is Justin Mitchell and I'm interested in helping with the
> Fedora Docs project. I made the permanent switch back to Fedora and
> open source software at the begin of this year after having Vista eat
> my computer and using a variety of open source tools to recover data
> and do my job that closed source tools couldn't do. By day I'm a
> security engineer, using Fedora in a Windows environment and just had
> to have tools that are reliable. I admit I still use XP running in
> VMware, but that is more for Visio than anything else.
>
> This is the first time I have ever joined an open source project in
> any way at all. Usually, I'd just download my software, use it and not
> give back. I figure it's time to change things and start contributing
> to a product I love and recommend to others.

Now that Fedora 10 is essentially out the door, we want to put some
polish, refresh, and restart on a few items.  Do you want to look for
something interesting, or get a little direction of where to start?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_tasks

Things coming the next six weeks:

* Wiki gardening
* Anyone want to get a Fedora 9 User Guide out the door?
* Get started on Fedora 10 User Guide
* Process fun

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41