prompts in command examples

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 16:32:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 22:32 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Note that the su command removes the need for the user to look for
> niggling prompt details.  It also clarifies that the user should
> expect a prompt for the root password.

In part of that discussion with the Content Services team, we discussed
the need for sudo to be enabled by default.  One person was in favor of
having each document specify how to enable sudo, but I don't like that
rat hole.  That is another point we could discuss, however, if any
Anonymous Cowards are interested in fixing the common usage.  Meanwhile,
I'm advocating for a sane sudo-by-default in future Fedora versions so
we can stop having to use 'su -c'.

Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41