prompts in command examples

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Oct 6 19:57:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 14:42 -0400, Jared Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 08:17 +1000, Murray McAllister wrote:
> > ls -Z /tmp
>
> [snip]
>
> > # ls -Z /tmp
>
> Here's my take, for what it's worth.  Can we do something like:
>
> <screen><computeroutput>[root at localhost ~]#</computeroutput>
> that it's clear?
>
> I know what you're thinking... crazy talk, right?

Only if in styling them differently, we were able to make plain text
output do something sane ... such as removing the prompt all
together. :)  I cannot see how we could tell without some clever and
specific usage so XSLT could detect it.

Also, wouldn't it be:

?

There is definite value in having full and proper contextual markup,
although it is a PITA in some cases getting fully specific.

- Karsten, who wants to be ready for the Braille stylesheet ...
--
Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org