lead writer - you?

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 21 15:14:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 20:35 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> We could use someone to take full responsibility for the start to
> publish for each of these guides, ongoing for now and possibly future
> releases:
>
> * Release Notes
> * Installation Guide
> * Packaging Guide
> * User Guide
>
> Interested?  Want to hear more?
>
> There are a few more out there (Virtualization Guide, RPM Guide) that
> could be picked up as well.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_content_tasks_for_experienced_contributors

I'm interested in working on the Virtualization Guide. Not knowing the
full implications of the "Guide" format or being a lead, and not yet
being very familiar with docbook, etc. I presume the best way to get
started is to just begin revising the virtualization quickstart guide[1]
with the idea it could become a "Guide" guide?

It's something I've pondered for quite a while. It looks to be in better
shape than I recalled. There was previously only a F8 specific guide.

Also, checking out the other guides[2] seems like a good idea. If Guide
has a formal definition, should there be a Guide category in MW? Is
there an index page I'm missing?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization_Quick_Start
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_Guide
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Administration_Guide
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Draft_Documentation and of
course http://docs.fedoraproject.org/documentation-guide/

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3