review for user account policy

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:21:12 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 14:24 +1000, Christopher Curran wrote:
> Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> > Any comments on this?
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem#Account_Termination
> >
> > Mike is setting some policy[1] as per a thread on f-advisory-board[2].
> >
> > [1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-September/msg00001.html
> > [2] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-August/msg00122.html
> >
> > Feel free to edit that content if you see something that is clear, or
> > send your comments back here.  I believe Mike is subscribed to this
> > list, so we can get his input when needed.
> >
> > - Karsten
> >
> Line 2:
>
>     These freedoms, however, do not include the right to deceive,
>     manipulate or otherwise *change* the processes and procedures Fedora
>     has in place.
>

> So the rules can never change, those with power never leave and anyone
> who questions them is out? I'd consider revising to make it less
> transcendental and more concrete. Add detailed boundaries of what is
> wrong and why it is harmful. For example: vandalism, deliberately
> creating security issues, self promotion, harassment, and so on.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem#Account_Termination

I made a couple changes -- see if that helps.  I am not necessarily in
favor of detailing specific violations because our definitions may
differ (or be incorrect).  I don't believe it's vital that we do so,
either, in order to retain the rights to terminate accounts.
Nevertheless, I'm going to shoot a note to Fedora Legal to see whether
any further text might be required.

--
Paul W. Frields