docs beat format

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 14:09:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 22:47 -0400, Jens Petersen wrote:
> > What should the default toplevel header be in a docs beat page?  I
> > mean level 1 ("= Beat Title =") or level 2 ("== Beat Title ==")?  It
> > looks to me like it should probably be "==" but some pages are using
> > "=".
>
> Working on this assumption I went ahead cleaned up the docs beats page
> so that https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats looks ok to me now.
> Hope that is ok and I didn't step on any toes... :)

There were some problems converting these beat pages to DocBook XML in
the past that required some nonstandard heading usage in the beat pages.
I'm not sure if those same problems are going to crop up again with a
new release notes conversion process (python-mwlib), but I suppose we'll
find out!  I think we ought to solve these transparently in the back end
rather than inflicting weird hacky requirements on the wiki where we
want more people contributing.

--
Paul W. Frields