Course Materials

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Sep 17 11:55:48 UTC 2008

Because I'm giving a couple of courses and can barely find good
materials (books, presentation materials, pre-assessment questionnaires,
etc), I'm now writing my own, which I use at the courses that I give.

They end up in a GIT repository on fedorahosted.org[1], obviously
licensed GPL-compliant. In addition, the course materials strongly focus
on Fedora, the Fedora way, and how to (try and) achieve the same thing
with other distributions.

A brief overview of the courses I'm sticking in there now;

- A Basic Course

Two days of getting acquainted with the Linux Operating System.

- An Advanced Course

Again two days, but getting the candidate to a level where he/she can
deploy Linux in a (SOHO) "business" environment. Samba server,
router/firewall, webserver, virtualization, etc.

- A Senior Course Track

At the fastest possible pace, this course track covers 13 weeks in which
time candidates will rise to the level of LPI's Level 2 Certification
(equals Intermediate Administrator in their terms).

- A RHCE training course track

This one obviously hasn't settled yet... But it's getting there as I go
along and give the course anyway.

You can look at a sneak preview[2] to see if it's anything you like, and
the question I wanted to put on this list is whether maybe people are
interested in contributing.

To be clear, you can contribute anything, even if it's just a tiny
paragraph on Foo, clarifying why/how it's not Bar.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip