Self Introduction: Matthew Daniels

David Nalley david.nalley at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 20 18:16:15 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Matthew Daniels <danielsmw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> My name is Matthew Daniels and I'm an undergraduate studying Physics
> and Astronomy at Clemson University, although my hometown is
> Charleston, SC.  I've been using Linux as my primary OS for about 5
> years now, and I've been using Fedora since FC6 came out in '06.
>
> I actually have done a little bit of contract programming, and my
> coding skills are mediocre.  I'm comfortable is Perl and Java, and
> can, for the most part, hold my own in C and Python.  But, this is
> probably not sufficient for making large-scale contributions to the
> Fedora Project.  However, I regard myself a pretty good writer, and I
> recently realized that I actually kind of enjoy writing program
> documentation.  So, since Fedora -- and Linux, in general -- have been
> so good to me, I've made it one of my personal goals as of late to
> start trying to give back to the OSS community.  I felt that actually
> joining a project and getting my hands dirty would be a good way to do
> it.
>
> Accordingly, this is my first time contributing to a project like
> this.  In the future, I think I may also wish to become a Fedora
> Ambassador and try to push Fedora with Clemson's Linux User Group,
> since they're sorta just stuck on Ubuntu right now.  But for now, I'd
> like to take things one step at a time, and contribute to the
> fedora-docs group as much as possible.  Hopefully, you guys have
> something I can do; even if it's just cleaning up broken links for
> now, that's fine.  I just want to help.
>
> So... that's my self introduction!  If I missed anything, or if anyone
> has any questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

> pub   1024D/5C0D4723 2008-09-20 [expires: 2009-09-20]
>      Key fingerprint = E9E5 3017 C4A6 1813 A0A9  6D49 84AD EB20 5C0D 4723
> uid                  Matthew Daniels (danielsmw) <danielsmw at gmail.com>
> sub   2048g/94106677 2008-09-20 [expires: 2009-09-20]
>
> Cheers,
> Matthew Daniels
> --

Hi Matthew,

Welcome and thanks for getting involved.

A couple of links which you may have already seen:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_content_tasks_for_new_contributors
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wiki_gardening_tasks

Are some of the easier

Welcome. I am glad to see another South Carolinian get involved.