Tuning Documentation & Translation schedules

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel ankit at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 09:19:46 UTC 2008

John Poelstra wrote:

> Thanks for being patient with me as I get up to speed with the
> different tasks your teams perform and where they intersect.  I am
> continually refining the wording of each task so it is hopefully
> clearer exactly what is being done.  In the process I'm discovering
> more undocumented tasks that need to be completed to bridge tasks
> already on the schedule and also finding others that are unclear as to
> what they are.  For example we say "translations due" but we don't say
> which translations they are... release notes, softare, documentation?
>
> I am also trying to a better job of representing on each team's
> schedule which tasks THEY perform.  For example the Documentation
> schedule lists only the tasks that docs is responsible for--not
> translation tasks too.  The overall schedule shows combined tasks for
> all the teams if you're looking for a combined view.
>
> On Monday at 16:00 UTC I'll be meeting Demitris on fedora's gobby
> instance to add more details and corrections to the Fedora 10
> translation schedule.  Feel free to join in.  If this turns out to be
> helpful I would like to do a similar exercise with the docs team if
> they are so interested.
>
> Translation schedule:
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-trans-tasks.html
>
> Docs schedule:
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-docs-tasks.html
>
> John

Hi John,

Thank you so much for closely working with the FLP & Docs team and
sorting out the translation & documentation schedule related issues.
These new schedules have made the roadmap pretty clear for FLP team I think.

I might not be able to join you in the meeting, though I wanted to.

So, let me request the last change I would like to see in the
Documentation as well as translation schedule.

Fedora Documentation team writes not only Release Notes but also guides
like Installation Guide, Desktop User Guide, etc too. I wonder, why
these documentation writing tasks are neither mentioned in Documentation
schedule nor in translation schedule?

Btw, I have got one more doubt. Why can't we put "Translate 0-day
release notes for docs.fp.org" in the Launch phase as well, rather than
in maintenance phase?

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel