[Fwd: Re: Testing the Fedora 11 Installation Guide]

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 03:22:10 UTC 2009

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I didn't know if the IG guru was on fedora-test-list.  This seemed
> like a worthwhile suggestion; maybe the author could be persuaded to
> file a bug!

Thanks Paul for the heads-up.
> ----- Forwarded message from Gireesh Sreekantan <sgireeshmail at gmail.com> -----
>
>> As you can see, essentially what we'd like you to do is to take a look
>> at the Fedora 11 Installation Guide as it currently stands - it's at
>> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/
This is a link to the version 10 guide. The version 11 guide is
substantially different from its predecessor, so the version 10 guide
should not be used for testing. Testers should instead use a copy of the
version 11 guide from here:
http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/Installation%20Guide/ (available in
HTML, HTML-single and PDF)

As it turns out, I think that Gireesh's comment applies to the new
version of the guide anyway, because section 7.2 of the old guide wasn't
about text mode  ("7.2. RAID or Other Nonstandard Configurations")

> Should section 7.2 of the install guide have more detail about this
> feature?
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NewTextUI
Great idea. I've covered the changes in text mode at a couple of other
points in the guide, but missed this obvious one! :)

Cheers
Rudi