Publican Documentation Naming

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 13:56:35 UTC 2009

On 04/01/2009 09:31 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

>> > make build WITHOUT="en de fr cz" WITH="es"
>
> Those changes would be to the packaging CVS Makefile.common, I take
> it.  Interesting, I didn't know there was such a request outstanding.

To be fair, I don't know if there is a formal request outstanding, but I
know it is something that has been discussed on and off for years.

>> > Also, if we're "stuck" on a tool where we are in fear to make changes to
>> > improve it or fix bugs, how open source is that tool?
>> >
>> > I seriously doubt the package committee would endorse an approach that
>> > throws hundreds of documentation packages (different only in
>> > translation) at the review system, nor do I think it is likely that they
>> > would vote to approve guidelines that enables all of these individual
>> > packages to be reviewed in one ticket. However, that is just my opinion,
>> > and you're certainly welcome to draft a formal proposal.
>
> Ian mentioned that subpackages can be passed through to bodhi without
> implicating all the siblings, which relieves the burden quite a bit.

Are you sure about this? This would be news to me, but if it is true, it
would mean that the biggest concern around translations in subpackages
is minimized.

~spot