F11 release notes ready for translation

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Apr 11 18:07:21 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Piotr Drąg <piotrdrag at gmail.com> wrote:
> Smaller release notes containing only information for majority of users
> would be easier to translate and understand (also for native English
> users!), resulting in wider audience. It would be also easier to
> collaborate and maintain release notes.

When there are not enough resources for a 100% translation, our team
usually leaves the less important/popular sections out of the
translation. Users can read the important bits, and technical users
giving a thorough read usually don't have a problem reading eg. about
the kernel bits in English.

It'd be nice to be able to mark a section as 'untranslated', and the
final result will render a note box in that section saying eg. "The
following section is not available in your language. The English
(en_US) translation is shown instead."

-δ

--
Dimitris Glezos