Re: Release Notes Schedule

(Trimmed recipients to just Docs Team.)

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 10:12:42AM -0400, John J. McDonough wrote:

> If we do a really good job of wiki grooming, we shouldn't even need that,
> but it seems like we always discover a bunch of problems at the last
> minute. I was hoping to avoid the last-minute changes that frustrate the
> translators so.

We used to be very good at this, one challenge has been the way
MediaWiki stops sending page change updates if you don't keep a tight
watch on it.

Perhaps it's time to ...

* Review the beat watch process
* Teach wider how to watch a beat for content grooming

Another idea is to organize a regular beat grooming sessions in IRC,
along the model of the QA test days.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41