Project Start: New Updated Deployment Guide for the Upcoming Fedora 12!

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Aug 3 19:37:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 08:44:13PM +0200, Douglas Silas Hensley wrote:
> Greetings Fedora users and system administrators,
>
> I meant to announce this last week on fedora-docs-list, but the CC
> slipped my mind. Here's copy of the announcement I sent to
> deployment-guide-list at redhat.com. See the Deployment Guide wiki:

Pardon the side-step question, but your slippage of the CC brings this
forward.

A number of guides have been forming with their own discussion list,
rather than doing *all* Fedora docs discussions on fedora-docs-list.

Has this been working well?

Are you getting people not @redhat.com participating on those lists?

Is the parsing of discussion to a different area helping the project
grow?  Are you getting more contributors?

I understand that one of the original reasons was to have a location
to assign bugzilla reports, instead of flooding this list.  Are the
separate lists helping?

As upstream maintainers, you are of course welcome to do as you wish.
I'm just wondering if you have determined yet if the idea is
successful?

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41