Project Start: New Updated Deployment Guide for the Upcoming Fedora 12!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 5 04:54:55 UTC 2009

On 08/05/2009 09:47 AM, Christopher Curran wrote:

> Sure, it will disperse some discussion. Having a tight knit, focused
> team in a private mailing list is a "good thing" though. It allows
> people to focus on actual work instead of irrelevant noise. This allows
> people to produce better documentation. I fail to see how this is a
> problem as most issues that affect all of fedora-docs will still be
> raised here.

It is a problem of lack of visibility. If more of the discussions happen
in the larger mailing list, then more of the casual observers are bound
to provide some input.

For example, if the installation guide discussions were in a seperate
mailing list, I wouldn't have bothered to subscribe to it to give the
couple of suggestions I did.

Rahul