DocBook Editor Update

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:27:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 06:44:58PM +0530, satya komaragiri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have uploaded a standalone version at
> http://publictest1.fedoraproject.org/beacon/php/
>
>  It would be very nice if you could test it out and give some
> feedback. I have not completed the testing yet and there are
> definitely bugs present. In this light I was hoping for a small issue
> management system that would allow users to post bugs related to this
> demo in one place. I would not start using it for important docs just
> yet. Until 17th I hope we can get a proper beta release out with
> feedback, etc. Some buttons may not work as am plugging in the
> functionality on the go.
>
> Login requires you to enter your FAS account details.

A usability note -- adding a new node is difficult in the left editor
pane.  The *concept* of adding a node is going to be foreign to the
people who might otherwise use this editor.  I would expect that if I
am in the left editor pane, and I move to the end of an existing node
and hit "Enter," a new node would be inserted of an appropriate kind,
probably based on the context but falling back to some sane default
like a <para>.