Alpha Announcement

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:39:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 08:58:08AM -0400, Eric Christensen wrote:
> I've taken the Alpha announcement from F10 and morphed it[1] for F12.
> Please take a look at it and see what you can update.  This should be
> completed by COB tomorrow (Friday).
>
> [1]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Announcement_for_F12_Alpha_Release

Keeping in mind that our previous Alpha releases ("Can we successfully
compose it?") were somewhat different than the current Alpha ("Should
be generally testable"), the content of this announcement may need to
change somewhat.  Here's the F11 Beta announcement for comparison:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F11_Beta_Announcement

Note the new Alpha is something more like previous Beta, and the new
Beta coming next month is more like previous Preview Release.