Self-Introduction:

Joseph Allen bloggersciencewithjoe at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 14:43:56 UTC 2009

Yes, I hope to begin working on more CLI things. A comprehensive guide seems
to be what Fedora's missing. I was able to learn due to the fact that I
began with computers when I was really young. My first dose of Linux was not
very good, the first time I tried to install I accidentally installed Ubuntu
on a USB Pen drive, but installed the MBR on my HD. It was rather annoying
due to the fact I had a modem connection at the time and Linux does not (and
I don't think it will ever) support my modem. So I didn't even use it but I
was forced to insert the USB drive into my computer at boot up. Eventually I
installed Fedora 10 onto my computer because Ubuntu didn't support my WiFi
at the time (Ubuntu still doesn't like my computer; neither does Apt-Get). I
immediately noticed the lack of almost any non-application specific help
files that weren't online. But I got through it. And, after all, I hope to
write a CLI guide extensive enough in some common-areas (like the ones that
I had to go through) to "guide" a user through common uses like compiling
kernel modules, maybe installing a Nvidia driver (or did they fix that it
Fedora 12? I haven't had a blank Cd-r to install it with), etc.