F11 Alpha Release Notes one-sheet

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Thu Feb 5 00:32:22 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dale Bewley" <dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu>
To: "For participants of the Documentation Project"
<fedora-docs-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: F11 Alpha Release Notes one-sheet

> Is the goal for the Alpha relnotes[1] to be as close to complete as
> possible? A snapshot up to this point? If so, why isn't it based off the
> page[2] which transcludes all the current beats? There are beats updated
> for F11 which aren't included on "one-sheet".

Alpha and beta relnotes are only the highlights.  On my small beats it looks
as if I will have around 100 changed packages.  How are you going to
describe that on one page?

> I do realize there are cutoffs and deadlines for moving content around.
> I just had the impression last time that content moved through the
> pipeline quickly/automagically after being updated in a beat. I could be
> deluded though (I know Karsten worked his butt off).

Karsten and Paul both.  My read is that the process is pretty painful, but
for 10 (and 11) not so bad because it wasn't my problem!

> /me still stubbornly thinks of the wiki content as the end result rather
> than a way point. I realize that isn't practical for L10N though.

It really should be pretty close, although I know I was responsible for some
of Paul's frustration with 10.  The only real difference should be a little
formatting, especially if we can get that outline straight.

If Ryan can pull off this periodic translation he wants to do, then we will
be able to see the result a lot better, and hopefully avoid a lot of last
minute pain.

--McD