F11 Alpha Release Notes one-sheet

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 20:45:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 02:54:26PM -0500, John J. McDonough wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul W. Frields"
> <stickster at gmail.com>

I was thinking of that as a bar -- ideally the beat writer knows the
audience well enough to adjust content.

So, for the average desktop user and related beat, we don't want to
see all the GNOME/KDE package churn.

But for something technical and more niche such as amateur radio (or
even developers), the bar should be different.

> On changes, though, I'm a little torn.  A long list of changes is pretty
> unexciting to read through, but if you are the person affected by that
> change, it could be critical.  As a minimum you need a heads-up on the
> change and a link to the upstream's release notes, if such a thing
> exists. Unfortunately, it seems like in a lot of cases the upstream
> release notes are nonexistent or very weak, and it takes some detective
> work to sort out what changed.  I feel bad about leaving that to the
> reader, but I don't want to end up with an encyclopedia, either.
>
> So we play the balancing act.

Agreed, we cannot be in the game of doing upstream research; the real
goal is to identify the Fedora intersection.  Your style certainly
gives enough information for people to work from; the niche audience
knows how to find more information when they care to.

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41