Docs Project wiki page rename party

Susan Lauber laubersm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 20 21:09:04 UTC 2009

HI all,

What: My understanding from the meeting on Wed was that Fri night is a wiki
page renaming party for Docs Project.
Reason: We are giving up on the wait for wikibot and going ahead and
manually moving pages - particularly the process related pages so we can
move on to redoing those pages as needed.
Where in #fedora-docs
When: After Ian "wiki czar" Weller gets home from school and before quaid
and the rest of the scale FAD group disburse for dinner (or after they get
back but I prefer before midnight east coast time)

What to do:
1. In git is a wikirename repo with a docsproject.psv file to use as our
guide.
but you probably want a local copy so if you have not yet gotten it:

git clone git://git.fedoraproject.org/git/wikirename.git  will work (or even
better use ssh://fasname@git.fedorap....)

The format of the file is
existing name | new name | categories

There are about 175 pages to move and categorize.  I'll divide it up when I
have an idea of how many people are helping.

2. I already checked with quaid (who made most of the changes to that file)
and it should be good to use as a guide. BUT everyone can make final
adjustments on the fly. For example:
a. double check the destination name including case
b. where is just says Archive:  the rest of the name stays the same as the
original
c. anything missing (like the ones I added yesterday) means you get to
decide yourself

3. Don't forget to add the categories.  If there are other categories that
should be added, then add them.
I made sure that the existing categories are subcategories to Docs Project
so you can find most of the here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Docs_Project
[I'll go add the archive category there as well - at least for the duration
of this task so we can find it.]

So who's coming to the party?

-Susan

--