functional areas of Docs Project

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jan 1 21:37:37 UTC 2009

Thinking about our various processes, it seems a good idea to put them
in functional areas.  A process might be used in one or multiple parts
of the project.  For example, a process for requesting access to a
document on fedorahosted.org is used in many functional areas, such as
recruiting, training, writing, editing, and publishing.

How does this list of functional areas look:

* Recruit
* Train
* Gather information
* Write
* Edit
* Publish
* Steer/govern
* Project manage

... what is missing?

My thought from here is to:

1. Leave each process page in a master
   [[Category:Docs Project process]], which happens after wikibot runs
   from our docsproject.psv choices.

2. Add each process page to one or more sub-categories, for example
   [[Category:Docs Project recruiting process]].  The pattern of "Docs
   Project something process" is pretty clean and clear.  This avoids
   obscuring acronyms, e.g. SOP for 'standard operating procedure'.

We'll want a master page for each functional area, and it links to
each of the other pages used in that process that also happen to be in
the same sub-category.  The sub-category page is a nice way to see all
pages in a process.

This is my thinking so far in how to improve our processes, clean-up
the content, and use a MediaWiki-smart approach.

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41