PATCH[1/1] Linux Security Guide

Magnus Glantz mg at hacka.net
Sun Jan 4 22:34:53 UTC 2009

I'm sorry if I came off a bit rude, it wasn't my intent.
Also, I'm sorry for not being constructive, I'll try not and e-mail during rush our in the future :-)

About a more wide spread flora of security references. My thought was that the more known universities around the world
must have written kilometers of papers on Linux Security. Finding freely available papers describing general security on
Linux was easier said than done. I found some references during a quick scan this evening.

I guess it's a matter of trust. Of course the US Government and the NSA has excellent and trustworthy security people,
and that information in this subject is collaborative.. but at least I feel more secure seeing that it's not only
the US Government and secret service that approves and advocates the security issues brought out in this security guide.

Universities:
http://www.princeton.edu/~essweb/linux/linuxsecurity.html
http://www.yale.edu/its/secure-computing/
http://www.yale.edu/its/security/sysadmin/server-guidelines.html
http://www.yale.edu/its/security/network/unix.html
http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/security/unix-box.html

Other:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Security-HOWTO/
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Security-Quickstart-HOWTO/
http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Secure-Programs-HOWTO/open-source-security.html
http://www.puschitz.com/SecuringLinux.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Security_Modules

Vendors:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/en-US/Security_Guide/

I'll try and find some more / better references as soon as I have some more free time.

//M

sön 2009-01-04 klockan 12:00 -0500 skrev Message: 8