CMS discussions yet again

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 10:29:58 UTC 2009

> I'm actually surprised at Christopher's assessment of the situation.
> Is it disingenuous?  He works in Red Hat's Content Services group, I
> assumed he was aware of the ongoing work from that group to fully open
> content that has been only on redhat.com to date.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/securityguide/
> https://fedorahosted.org/selinuxguide/
> https://fedorahosted.org/deploymentguide/
[snip]
> I haven't added up the number of pages, but it's more than nothing.
> Consider that all but the first items from Red Hat were developed
> entirely in the community.

Sorry to complain :-) "https://fedorahosted.org/selinuxguide/" was
developed entirely in the community. See the archives:

<http://www.nsa.gov/research/selinux/list-archive/index.shtml>

The SELinux User Guide is not on
<http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/>.

I might have missed what you were saying, and the community reference
above may be referring to fedora documentation or fedora specific
mailing lists only. Also, "selinuxguide" may have been referring to
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4?

Cheers.