[FW: Re: Reminder: Do not use trademarks in Summary or Description]

This comes from a recent thread in fedora-devel-list:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-January/msg02376.html

I added appropriate guidance to the Style Guide here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/StyleGuide/QuickReference

Paul

----- Forwarded message from Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa redhat com> -----

On 2009-01-30 at 14:57:51 -0500, "Paul W. Frields" <stickster gmail com>
wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 02:52:25PM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
>> On 2009-01-30 at 14:46:36 -0500, "Paul W. Frields" <stickster gmail com>
>> wrote:
>>> Would you say we should treat trademarked terms similarly in Fedora
>>> documentation?  If so, I'll note that in the Style Guide for future
>>> reference.
>> I'll ask RH Legal. The advice given was strictly in reference to package
>> Summary and Descriptions.
>
> Fantastic, thanks Spot... we can move any follow up to
> fedora-legal-list if you like.

No need, it can't hurt.

They advised that the same advice applies to Documentation.

Never use "tm" or "(R)". If we are obliged by contract to mention other
trademarks in a legend, add the legend as required by the contract.

In addition, our documentation should contain the disclaimer:  "All
other trademarks are the property of their respective owners."

~spot