Self Introduction

Wolf DreamWalker wolfdreamwalker at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:00:29 UTC 2009

Whoops ... forgot to change the subject title

From: wolfdreamwalker at hotmail.com
To: fedora-docs-list at redhat.com
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:57:56 -0400
Subject: RE: Publican Issues

   Name: Wolf DreamWalker (not a pseudonym)

   Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

   Profession: Software Trainer

   Company: Currently enrolled in the Technical Communications program at Seneca at York, Toronto

   Background

    Comfortable with Windows desktop and server products - certified systems engineer Have
several years experience developing and presenting learning materials
to university students and workers within technical areas of various
companies.Have tested fan created missions for games such as Thief and even delved in creating some of the readables.
 Great
believer in KIS (keep it simple) and have found that screen shots, etc.
are excellent learning tools for those of us who are not computer
naturals

   Knowledge of Linux / Fedora
    Absolute
Newbie ... less than a week old.  I'm somewhat intimidated by the new
concepts and perceptions encompassing Fedora but I'm excited to be able
to dig into a few area of expertise.
 I've
jumped in with a dual-boot install. I thought that all I had to do was
to install Fedora on freed-up space on a single hard drive already
occupied by Microsoft Vista.  However, I soon discovered that the two
systems handle "primary" drives somewhat differently and that the only
way I could get a viable working copy of Fedora on my computer was to
install it on what Vista designated as part of the "extended" drive
(this variant doesn't appear to be addressed in the installation guide).

   Goals - Where I could help

Since I'm so new to Linux and Fedora I am less likely to miss or
overlook steps that a Fedora expert takes for granted.  I'm also more
likely to query what appears to be outdated documentation (e.g. the
software's recommendation to follow what is actually a mandatory
procedure to create a user name and password during installation).  At
the same time, I recognize I have somewhat of a learning curve to
overcome so probably the best place to use me is in testing and editing
of current material.

   Availability

I'm between semesters and have plenty of free time between now and May
9 to devote myself to this project (at least 40 hrs a week).  When I
return to school my time will be limited to only a few hours a week.

Wolf

   GPG KEYID and fingerprint

   Name: Wolf DreamWalker
   Email: wolfdreamwalker at hotmail.com
   ID: 3117A6BC / DSA / 1024
   Created: 2009-03-26
   Fingerprint:1462 3928 AF44 6770 F616 925D 6EA6 B659 3117 A6BC

   Subkeys:6EA6B6593117A6BC (DSA),A0D3380DAD91D537 (EIGamal)

Tell the whole story with photos, right from your Messenger window.  Learn how!