[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Proposal for Implementing a Docbook Editor]]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Fwd: Re: Proposal for Implementing a Docbook Editor]
Date: 	Thu, 21 May 2009 11:16:56 +1000
From: 	Christopher Curran <ccurran redhat com>
To: 	Lana Brindley <lbrindle redhat com>
CC: 	Joshua Wulf <jwulf redhat com>, content-services-staff redhat com

Lana Brindley wrote:
Joshua Wulf wrote:
Satya is doing a WYSIWYG docbook editor as a Google SOC project in Fedora. He wants feedback on what tags to provide support for. Please take a look at this list and give some feedback on tags that we use that are not covered in it.

- Josh

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     Re: Proposal for Implementing a Docbook Editor
Date:     Wed, 20 May 2009 21:47:25 +0530
From:     satya komaragiri <satya komaragiri gmail com>

Hello,

I have narrowed down to the following set of tags as the minimum that
Docbook editor will need to support for the initial stages of the
project. It would be great if the list could review them once and
suggest any additions/deletions.

tags:

Top Level:
<article id="ID">
</article>

Section:
<section id="ID">
   <title></title>
</section>

Block Tags:
<para></para>
<screen></screen>
<programlisting></programlisting>

<itemizedlist>
<title></title>
   <listitem>
       <para></para>
   </listitem>
</itemizedlist>

<orderedlist>
<title></title>
   <listitem>
       <para></para>
   </listitem>
<orderedlist>

<procedure>
   <step>
       <para>
       </para>
   </step>
</procedure>

<important>

   <title></title>
   <para></para>
</important>

<tip>
   <title></title>
   <para></para>
</tip>

<note>
   <title></title>
   <para></para>
</note>

<warning>
   <title></title>
   <para></para>
</warning>

<caution>
   <title></title>
   <para></para>

</caution>

Inline:

<firstterm></firstterm>
<application></application>

<command>
   <option></option>

</command>

<package></package>
<filename></filename>
<systemitem></systemitem>
<computeroutput></computeroutput>

Is this tag the same as <programlisting>? I don't know it.

programlisting is for a block of preformatted code. computeroutput is for a single inline output snippet.
<userinput></userinput>

<prompt></prompt>

<menuchoice>
   <guimenu></guimenu>
   <guisubmenu></guisubmenu>
   <guimenuitem></guimenuitem>
</menuchoice>

<guibutton></guibutton>
<guiicon></guiicon>
<guilabel></guilabel>

<mousebutton></mousebutton>

<keycombo>
   <keycap></keycap>
</keycombo>

<abbrev></abbrev>
<acronym></acronym>

<abbrev> and <acronym> could both possibly be dropped

and in there place firstterm should be added.
<emphasis></emphasis>

<quote></quote>

<link></link>

<subscript></subscript>
<superscript></superscript>

<action>

<classname>
<constant>

<errorcode></errorcode>
<errorname></errorname>
<errortype></errortype>

<function></function>
<interface></interface>
<parameter></parameter>
<property></property>
<replaceable></replaceable>
<returnvalue></returnvalue>
<structfield><structfield>
<structname></structname>
<symbol></symbol>
<token></token>
<type></type>
<varname></varname>
<remark></remark>

Also, support for <!--comments-->

Regards,
Satya

The only one I would say is seglist should be in the list of advanced features to implement :)

I wonder why I didn't get the fedora-docs-list email about this...

Chris

--
Chris Curran Content Author II
Phone: +61735148302 (UTC+10)