[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Proposal for Implementing a Docbook Editor]]

satya komaragiri satya.komaragiri at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:18:09 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Ruediger Landmann
<r.landmann at redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
> Hi Satya!
>
> A few more that I use very regularly or see very regularly in Red Hat and
> Fedora docs:
[...]

It might be tough to support some of these initially. Others should be
easier to implement. Meta elements are tougher to implement because
they are not easy to wysiwyg-ify. Cross referencing,
appendices, indexing are more complex. I'll get down to them after the
basic editing is in place.

> The article, itemizedlist and orderedlist tags should also support <title>
> tags under them.

Yes, I forgot to mention them in the list. Will do.

> At this early stage, I assume that you want to avoid <example>s, <figure>s
> and <table>s, but of course, we make a lot of use of these as well...

That is indeed the plan. I can get <figure> in more easily though. It
depends on what the editor supports for now as well.

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Ruediger Landmann
<r.landmann at redhat.com> wrote:
[more tags ^_^]
> <remark></remark>

Adding to list.

> Also, support for <!--comments-->

This is another tough one as comments are not really visible. For now
users should be able to edit them directly in SourceView feature.

> Good luck with the project!
>
> Cheers
> Ruediger

Thanks for the valuable feedback. I'll add this to the suggested wiki
page and then it'll be easier to collaborate. :)

Regards,
Satya