[Fedora-legal-list] Re: Wikipedia license change

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Thu May 28 19:31:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:46, Richard Fontana <rfontana at redhat.com> wrote:
> However, http://creativecommons.org/compatiblelicenses says that "to
> date, Creative Commons has not approved any licenses for
> compatibility", and I don't think the OPL would meet the given standard
> anyway.
>

> --
> Richard E. Fontana
> Open Source Licensing and Patent Counsel
> Red Hat, Inc.

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the information.  What does this mean for current works
that are now downstream if we change the license?  Would we have to
give general permission to those works or are they still covered
because they met the requirements of the original license?

Thanks,
Eric
Docs Project Lead