Accessibility Guide

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 16:28:14 UTC 2009

On 10/31/2009 11:52 AM, Eric Christensen wrote:
> I've contacted GNOME for information on their accessibility tools
> that they ship with GNOME.  I'll be doing the same with KDE.  I'm
> hoping I can get the necessary information on their tools, and maybe
> some ready-made documentation, that would be beneficial.
>
> If anyone would like to help with this project or have some input
> ready to go please let me know.

There was a large gathering of open source accessibility folks at
Toronto this past week - details at
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Open+Source+Accessibility.
Hopefully there'll be some contact information in there, and details on
their projects; I know there were some GNOME folks there and I would be
surprised if someone from KDE wasn't also around.

That's all I know about the event/group - only got to meet them briefly
at dinner one night since I was at the Teaching Open Source section of
things - but just in case it helps.

--Mel