Introduction and Command Line Survival Guide

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Mon Nov 16 12:57:14 UTC 2009

On 11/16/2009 09:14 PM, Vedran Miletić wrote:That being said, I would
like to take the work on this and continue
> where he left it, if someone is willing to point me how to do it. Hope
> we can create something great and useful (and ready in time for Fedora
> 13 release!)

Hi Vedran and welcome!

This would be a fantastic resource to add to our collection of documents
-- thanks for volunteering to develop it further.

Generally, we author our docs in DocBook XML, and host the source files
on fedorahosted. We then use a DocBook publishing tool called Publican
to build HTML and PDF versions of the documents for publication on the
docs.fedoraproject.org site.

Most of the docs team are busy for the next day or two publishing the
Fedora 12 documents, but if you can be patient with us, we'll be happy
to help you set up a new project for your book. You'll find us on IRC in
#fedora-docs on freenode -- this is probably the easiest way to keep in
touch and get help. Don't worry if you haven't worked with XML before --
there are plenty of us who will help ease you into it once the current
crisis is over :)

Until we get your new project set up, you can make a start by expanding
the existing wiki page that you have already found. Please feel free to
jump straight in and start editing. This content can then be moved to
XML fairly easily later.

Welcome once again

Cheers

Ruediger