More details on Issues with Release Notes translations

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Wed Nov 18 16:03:13 UTC 2009

Going through all the languages on docs.fp.o I find some interesting things.

pt-BR is marked draft and is, in fact, older than the others.  It is missing
the sections that are not translated in the other languages.  I think the
discoonect here is that on the first push to docs.fp.o, I pushed all
languages that were at greater than 90%.  Since then we have only pushed
100%.  pt-BR is still only at 92%.

We probably should bring up on the trans list whether we want to wait for
100%.  The French team in particular objected to pushing partly translated
documents.  I suspect some of the others may want to see mostly translated
documents published.

In all the other languages, 4.1.6, 5.2.2, 5.6.1, and 5.7.1 are not
translated
All are missing the revision history
Titles for 7.5 and 8.9 are untranslated
Title for 4.4 is untranslated in all except Chinese and Russian
Title for 4.1 is untranslated in Dutch

On the copies I ran last night (http://fedora.is-sixsigma.com/F12beta/),  I
only checked Dutch, Portuguese, Polish and Spanish.  On those, all of the
sections untranslated on docs.fp.o were translated.  In Dutch, Portuguese
and Polish, the title for 8.9 was translated.

OK, so now I know less than I did before!

--McD