2nd Draft Ready for Review: Ch. 1: Yum

Douglas Silas dhensley at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 16:23:04 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've replied inline.

On 10/07/2009 06:10 PM, A. Mani wrote:
> Douglas Silas<dhensley at redhat.com>  wrote:
>

>> Note: Yum and its "ecosphere" (yum-utils, plugins, etc.) provide
>> many more capabilities than can be described in the Deployment
>> Guide. That said, I am very interested in Yum use cases and
>> procedures that system administrators find indispensable. One
>> example would be: documenting orphan and unneeded package removal
>> with the package-cleanup command. Or merging config files with
>> yum-plugin-merge-conf. Initial text for supplementary sections would
>> be much appreciated.
>

> #yum list all
> #yum list available
>
> are rarely used in this form.
> This should be improved.

I occasionally use them in this form. Do you have any suggestions? I
have some changes to make to this section today and will be
releasing the next draft, though these two commands will still be
included.

> Kpackagekit is not mentioned at all.

KPackageKit is mentioned in the PackageKit chapter, the first
paragraph of which says:

For more information on PackageKit's architecture and available
front ends, refer to Section 2.3, “PackageKit Architecture”.

http://dsilas.fedorapeople.org/Deployment_Guide/en-US/html-single/#ch-graphical_package_management

> Best
>
> A. Mani

Thanks,