Fedora 12 Beta Announcement

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 23:17:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 18:41 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I made a few corrections but likely much has changed since then, and I
> withheld my knife/machete/axe at the time.  We have consistently faced
> a problem of what should be simple texts growing out of proportion to
> their readership's attention span.
>
> My advice: Cut mercilessly!

Well, I did that a few days ago, and then it ballooned back again :)

I had it down to a low of 9,561 bytes on the 16th, it's at 12,858 as
published. Oh, well. Some of the changes were actual features that
weren't mentioned before, but a lot were notes of people who had been
involved with each change. I suppose there may be a Red Hat angle on
this (RH would like its generous contributions noted :>) but it did
stretch things out quite a lot, and that was without systematically
attributing _everything_ mentioned - so the final document is somewhat
'unfair' (some people are credited but others who could have been
aren't). If we'd credited all the changes mentioned, it would've been
even huger.

Oh well, these constitute notes for the future, I guess.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey