CVS now open

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Fri Apr 29 12:37:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:57:14 -0400, "Paul W. Frields"
<stickster at gmail.com> said:
> > I think that it's worth having a separate checklist for new writers, as
> > there is now a fair number of steps here, initially to self introduce
> > and then to prepare for working in CVS.
>
> That sounded to me quite a bit like "I am writing a separate checklist
> for new writers."  ;-)  I think that's a fine idea.  The checklist
> should not duplicate material from the other pages, just link them as
> needed.  What you're suggesting -- very astutely, I might add -- is that
> for new people there's an awful lot of guidelines scattered around...
> where to start?

I test high for laziness, but since you've added flattery, OK.

> I would imagine that
> when the DocGuide-v2 is ready, the wiki will eventually devolve to a
> scratch pad and testing zone, which is just how it should be IMHO.

Absolutely.  The current problem is that (to my surprise) we have a
whole bunch of docs, but almost none of them are in CVS, or in the
process queue in any way.  So we probably need to draft a couple more
editors as soon as we can and then prod the non-FDSCo writers who are
already out there - I know that Charles Heselton has already volunteered
to edit a couple of docs as well as writing his tutorial.

Gruesome details:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject_2fEditorAssignments

> For the page, I would suggest:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/NewWriters
>
> I've linked this from the wiki DocsProject front page prominently and
> attached your name.  Grat idea, roll with it!

We've already got a page called Writers:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject_2fWriters

I'll move it to GettingStarted or similar and write it up this weekend.