Wiki->DocBook Update

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Mon Dec 19 14:38:12 UTC 2005

Hey, Ya'll!

I wanted to pass around the good news.

Patrick Barnes and I investigated the Wiki->XML conversion with the
moin-1.3.5-2 RPM.  (This is the latest stable version.)   If a page
generated <screen>...</screen> output, the results would fail to
validate.  We've found the flaw. I have sent Matthias Saou, the
RPM maintainer, a patch.

Twice uttered Matthias Saou <matthias at rpmforge.net> this:

> Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> > We'd like to be able to have the Wiki converted into DocBook, but
> > moin-1.3.5 generates invalid XML in some circumstances.
> >
> > The attached patch (and updated SPEC file) corrects that.  Please
> > apply, if it looks OK to you.
>
> No problem, I'll update the Extras packages now, so the change should get
> into the next sign/push.

When the moin-1.3.5-3 RPM becomes available, if we can get THAT
installed on the Wiki server then we should be able to Wiki->DocBook
in a fairly automated way.

MoinMoin conversion is driven by a state-change engine that knows
nothing about DocBook.  So, you can still generate invalid DocBook if
you say, output a title (a <section>) that does not include any
content (a <para>), but at least the XML is now well-formed.

Cheers