barage of recruitment

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Sep 18 22:38:47 UTC 2005

I've started a barrage of recruitment for relnotes and beat writers, as
you may have seen.

My intention is to lean on developer leaders to choose people within
their project to be the beat writer.  They can hand it off later, but
not divorce the software project from its responsibility to document
itself.

I think our focus needs to move away from us supplying writers for every
documentation need.

In open source, writers arise where they are needed.  Many developers
are more than capable of providing raw content themselves.  This is what
makes http://developer.mozilla.org tick.

So, I'm taking on the developers.

Gavin -- I haven't fully given up on writers who come in by themselves
and want to pick a beat.  Please concentrate your ideas and efforts on
attracting talent from the writer pool.

This is where we want to point people, so they understand what the job
entails:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/HowTo

It's obnoxiously easy, especially for someone already involved in the
project.

cheers - Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide