list of sub-project stakeholders

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 19:18:09 UTC 2005

Please help me compile/confirm this list.  These are the people who must
immediately know the following:

i)  23 September is the deadline to pick a beat writer from _within_ the
project

ii) New processes make it easy and productive to create content flows
from within existing development processes

I'm going to write up an email for this purpose, and contact these
leaders/stakeholders immediately about their areas.

If I get push-back, I may need the help of Greg, Elliot, and other
leaders.

I removed the beats from this list that are already taken.  For example,
Josh Bressers contacted me just a few minutes ago and is doing the
security beat (sweet!).

Beats               Project(s)               Leader/Stakeholder
Kernel              Base OS		     Tim Burke
Desktop		    Desktop		     Havoc Pennington
Printing	    CUPS?		     Tim Waugh
Server Tools	    RH Base OS team	     Florian La Roche
File Systems	    Kernel		     Stephen Tweedie, Tim Burke
File Servers	    Storage/Clustering	     Kevin Anderson
Web Servers         Apache		     Joe Orton?
Devel Tools	    Tools                    Elena Zannoni
GCC		    GCC			     Ulrich Drepper
Java		    GCJ, App Server	     Anthony Green,
                                               Patrick Macdonald
Samba		    Base OS		     Florian La Roche
System Daemons	    Base OS		     Florian La Roche
Multimedia	    Desktop?		     Havoc Pennington
Networking	    Kernel		     Tim Burke
Xorg		    Desktop		     Havoc Pennington
Arch Specific	    Kernel (hardware)	     Peter Martuccelli
Database Servers    App Engineering	     Patrick Macdonald

Thanks - Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide